A companion to your study of the Pearl of Great Price, this Study Guide from the Making Precious Things Plain Series is a rich resource for teachers, students, and gospel scholars alike.
In this volume full of supplemental material, Dr. Randal Chase, a veteran Institute and Gospel Doctrine teacher, shares years of insights into the scriptures by exploring scriptural symbolism, background, culture, and chronology, as well as the words and teachings of gospel authorities.
This unique study guide of the Pearl of Great Price provides new depth and understanding to the scriptures. Readers will enjoy Dr. Chase’s relaxed style and easy presentation as they gather information, clarification, and quotes that can be used for either private study or public speaking.
This unique study guide will be a welcome addition to any library, and they will broaden your comprehension of this great treasure of latter-day scripture, which restores many lost treasures from the Bible. From Adam through Enoch and Noah, to Abraham and Moses, we discover hidden treasures of truth about Old Testament events.
Then we receive new insight into the Savior’s prophecies of the latter-days, followed by the inspiring personal history of the Prophet Joseph Smith and the Articles of Faith.
The cover features the stunning image of Moses Viewing Jehovah, by Joseph Brickey
Table of Contents
- An Introduction to the Pearl of Great Price
SECTION I: THE BOOK OF MOSES
- The Lord’s Work and Glory (Moses 1)
- The Creation (Moses 2)
- Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden (Moses 3)
- Agency and the Fall of Adam and Eve (Moses 4)
- The Gospel is Introduced; Cain and Abel (Moses 5)
- From Adam to Enoch; Enoch’s Call and Teachings (Moses 6)
- Enoch’s Visions and the City of Zion (Moses 7)
- Noah, the Great Flood, and His Sons (Moses 8)
SECTION II: THE BOOK OF ABRAHAM
- Intro to the Book of Abraham; Rescued by Jehovah (Abraham 1)
- The Abrahamic Covenant; Abraham in Canaan & Egypt (Abraham 2)
- The Visions of Abraham: Cosmos and Creation (Abraham 3–5; Facsimiles 1–3)
SECTION III: THE PROPHECIES OF JESUS CHRIST
- The Signs of the Second Coming (JS–Matthew; Matthew 24)
SECTION IV: EVENTS OF THE RESTORATION
- (a) The First Vision and the Book of Mormon (JS–History 1–67) (b) The Restoration of the Priesthood (JS–History 68–75)
- The Wentworth Letter and the Articles of Faith (Articles of Faith 1-13)