Making Precious Things Plain, Vol. 5 – Covering Church history during the Kirtland and Missouri periods, including a series of breathtaking revelations on temples, the Plan of Salvation, the three kingdoms of glory, the Second Coming, principles of priesthood power, the Word of Wisdom, and the Law of the Church. We also learn about fasting, tithing, missionary work, and enduring to the end.
Church History Study Guide, Pt. 2: 1831-1844
$8.95 – $27.95
9 in stock
Making Precious Things Plain, Vol. 5
Covering Church history during the Kirtland and Missouri periods, including a series of breathtaking revelations on temples, the Plan of Salvation, the three kingdoms of glory, the Second Coming, principles of priesthood power, the Word of Wisdom, and the Law of the Church. We also learn about fasting, tithing, missionary work, and enduring to the end. We go with the Prophet Joseph Smith and Saints through the crucible of trials in Missouri and Liberty Jail. Then we follow them on to Nauvoo, where the Kingdom rose again on the Mississippi River, work for the dead was introduced, and the law of celestial marriage was revealed. Again, persecution raised its ugly head, ending in the martyrdom of Joseph and Hyrum Smith at Carthage. In all, it covers 11 years of Church History, and covers sections 100-135 of the Doctrine and Covenants.
The cover features “Brother Joseph,” a beautiful portrait of the Prophet Joseph Smith, by David Lindsley.
Table of Contents
** KIRTLAND & MISSOURI PERIOD (Cont’d.)
17. Law of the Fast & Law of Tithing (1831, 1838) (D&C 59;1 19; 120)
18. The Kirtland Temple (1835-36) (D&C 95; 109-110)
19. Our Father’s Plan of Salvation (1830-1843) (D&C 19; 29; 58; 76; 88; 93; 128; 131; 137-138)
20. Visions of the Kingdoms of Glory (1832-36) (D&C 76; 131-132; 137)
21. Looking for the Second Coming (1831-39) (D&C 29; 34; 45; 88; 101; 133)
22. The Word of Wisdom (1833) (D&C 89; 49)
23. Learning by Experience & Faith (1833) (D&C 88)
24. Avoiding Apostasy/Enduring to the End (1830-31) (D&C 26; 28; 43; 50; 52)
25. Principles of Priesthood Power (1830) (D&C 84; 121)
26. Taking the Gospel to the World (D&C 42; 88; 112)
27. Saints Must Be Tried Like Abraham (1829-30) (D&C 101; 103; 105)
28. Revelations from Liberty Jail (1831) (D&C 121-122)
** THE NAUVOO PERIOD
29. The Kingdom Rises in Nauvoo (1839-42) (D&C 124)
30. Work for the Dead Begins (1840-42) (D&C 2; 124; 127-128; JS-History 36-39)
31. Eternal Marriage & Sealings (1843-44) (D&C 131-132)
32. The Martyrdom at Carthage (1844) (D&C 135)
** Special chapter providing additional information
This product acts as a Teaching Aid for the following lesson
|Dimensions||11 × 8.5 × 1.03 in|
You may also like…
It covers Church history and the revelations in the Doctrine and Covenants from the birth of Joseph Smith in 1805 through the beginnings of the Kirtland and Missouri periods. We learn concerning the First Vision, the coming forth of the Book of Mormon, the restoration of the priesthood, and many early revelations given to individual members of the Church.
This volume is the third of three on Church History and the Doctrine and Covenants. It covers Church history during the administration of all of its Prophet-Prophets since Joseph Smith. It begins with the succession of the Apostles after Joseph Smith’s martyrdom, the building of the Nauvoo Temple, and the trek to the west of the Latter-day Saint pioneers.
There are no reviews yet.